Here are a few tips that use herbal remedies for treating headache symptoms.
- Raisins are also a quick remedy against headaches.
- The herb, borage, is said to have properties that help in providing relief during headaches.
- Violet tea is an effective cure for migraines.
- Vervain is a plant that is used to cure headaches, if you suffer from chronic headaches, you should drink a cup of vervain tea everyday to ward off regular headaches.
You can also make your own herbal potion to cure headaches. Make a tea using valerian, skullcap, lemon balm and passion flower and drink at least one cup regularly. You can use lavender and mullein in your herbal tea. If you want something to soothe your muscles you could try adding chamomile, rosemary or mint.
Headache Relief Tags:
Whats the difference between migraine headaches and cluster headaches?
Cluster headaches are attacks of severe pain lasting 15-180 minutes and occurring from once every other day up to eight times in one day.
Cluster headaches are characterized by a sharp, penetrating, or burning pain affecting one side of the head. The pain often appears suddenly with little warning and often occurs in and around one eye or in the temple. The excruciating pain related to a cluster headache is often compared to the sensation of a hot poker being stuck in the eye. Others compare it to the feeling of the eye being pushed out of its socket. The condition may also produce a number of other symptoms including tearing of the eyes and nasal congestion. Read more…
Migraine headache symptoms can occur in various combinations and may include sometimes:
- Moderate to severe pain (often described as pounding, throbbing pain) that can affect whole head, or can shift from one side of the head to the other
- Sensitivity to light, noise or odors
- Fever (sometimes)
- Bright flashing dots or lights
- Blurred vision
- Nausea or vomiting, stomach upset, abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sensations of being very warm or cold
- Paleness Read more…
A headache is a pain in the head sometimes neck or upper back pain may also be interpreted as a headache. It’s one of the most common complaints and may be frequent for some people.
The majority of headaches are no big deal. Some causes of headaches are stress, migraine, eye strain, dehydration, low blood sugar, and the common cold. Much rarer are headaches due to life-threatening conditions such as meningitis, encephalitis, cerebral aneurysms, extremely high blood pressure, and brain tumors.
Most headaches among women are caused by ever-fluctuating estrogen during menstrual years. This can occur prior to, or even during midcycle menstruation.
Headache treatment and relief is usually possible with just over-the-counter headache medicine like aspirin, acetaminophen (tylenol), or ibuprofen(motrin), although some specific forms of headaches (e.g., migraines) may demand other, more suitable treatment. It may be possible to relate the occurrence of a headache to other particular triggers (such as stress or particular foods), which can then be avoided.
Headache Causes, Headache Relief, Headache Treatment, Migraine Headaches Tags:
aspirin, Headache Causes, Headache Relief, Headache Treatment, menstal headache, migraine, migraine relief, motrin, tylenol